Introduction to Front of House
Training designed to elevate existing customer service and communication skills to the next level and provide the knowledge needed to enhance problem-solving abilities.
Course Designed For
It is recommended that participants have previous food and beverage attendant experience or have completed the VXT Food and Beverage Attendant training or equivalent. Also suitable as a refresher to candidates already in the industry; or anyone looking to re-enter after an extended break.
Scheduled Course Dates
Working front of house is one of the most rewarding paths you can take in the hospitality industry. The role requires you to hone your customer service and communication skills while working in a fast-paced and often challenging environment that sharpens your problem-solving abilities.
While you’ve probably brought these skills with you already and will only perfect them in your role as a server, as a member of a front of house team, you are also required to possess a number of unique skills.
These skills are often taken for granted by more experienced servers to whom they have become second nature. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our Front of House Essentials course!
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will elevate their skills and understand how to act in a front of house role through:
- Knowing how to prepare the restaurant for service
- Having the skills to deliver high-quality service to customers, including recommendations and the ability to upsell.
- Effectively answer and deal with customer questions and complaints
- Obtained the skills and knowledge to complete end of shift duties
- Understanding the importance of personal presentation and delivering the Tasmanian experience.
It is recommended that participants have previous food and beverage attendant experience or have completed the VXT Food and Beverage Attendant training or equivalent.
Course Fee: $50 per person including GST
The course fee is subsidised until May 2022. From June 2022 the course fee will return to $980.00 per person including GST.
This course fee is subsidised by grant funding from the Australian Government under the Recovery for Regional Tourism program, an initiative of the $1 billion COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund
- Online: Available by clicking the Enrol Now button next to each course date. The online process will provide three options for payment (invoice, secure credit card or tentative enrolment).
- Email: email email@example.com with your full name, date of birth, phone number and preferred training date
- Telephone: Call Katrina 0497 473 848 to register over the phone.
- Payment of course fees (or deposit) is required to confirm enrolment and to hold a position.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days before the scheduled date will be accepted without penalty. Cancellations less than 10 working days may be subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- VXT reserves the right to cancel the course 10 working days before the scheduled date if insufficient registrations are received. Any fees paid for cancelled courses will be refunded in full.
- Click here for full the full fees and payment policy.