Introduction to Housekeeping
Training will provide the principles of effective service and the importance of attention to detail and organisational skills. The training is also suitable as a refresher to candidates already in the industry or for anyone looking to re-enter the industry after an extended break.
Course Designed For
This training is designed for candidates with no previous experience seeking to gain employment as a housekeeper or room attendant. Also suitable as a refresher to candidates already in the industry; or anyone looking to re-enter after an extended break.
Scheduled Course Dates
|Date||Location||Duration||Time||Available Spaces||Course Fee|
|7 - 9 June 2022||Launceston, Tasmania||
|09:30 am - 04:00 pm||13||$50.00|
|28 - 30 June 2022||Glenorchy, Tasmania||
|09:30 am - 04:00 pm||0||$50.00|
Think housekeeping is just about making beds? Think again! From dusting the lobby to fluffing up pillows, life in the housekeeping department is full of rewards and challenges. As a housekeeping team member, you are one of the many moving parts helping to deliver exceptional guest experiences from even before a guest arrives. A Housekeeper performs a range of cleaning and room maintenance activities at a hotel, motel, resort or other accommodation venues. You’ll service rooms for guests, including cleaning kitchen and bathroom areas, changing linen and vacuuming or mopping floors. Housekeepers may also empty rubbish and refill supplies such as toiletries, kitchen items and minibar items.
Housekeepers should have strong customer service skills and excellent attention to detail. You’ll need to be organised and able to manage your time well. Housekeepers should be able to prioritise their workload and may have to juggle several tasks at one time. You might have to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will master the essential room attendant/housekeeping skills through:
- Knowing how to use cleaning agents and equipment
- Obtained the skills and knowledge to prepare rooms for incoming guests
- Understanding the importance of personal presentation and delivering the Tasmanian experience.
No previous experience or training is required to undertake the training course.
Course Fee: $50 per person including GST
This course fee is subsidised by grant funding from the Australian Government under the Recovery for Regional Tourism program, an initiative of the $1 billion COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund
- Online: Available by clicking the Enrol Now button next to each course date. The online process will provide three options for payment (invoice, secure credit card or tentative enrolment).
- Email: email email@example.com with your full name, date of birth, phone number and preferred training date
- Telephone: Call Katrina 0497 473 848 to register over the phone.
- Payment of course fees (or deposit) is required to confirm enrolment and to hold a position.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days before the scheduled date will be accepted without penalty. Cancellations less than 10 working days may be subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- VXT reserves the right to cancel the course 10 working days before the scheduled date if insufficient registrations are received. Any fees paid for cancelled courses will be refunded in full.
- Click here for full the full fees and payment policy.