is a course designed for anyone who loves to cook, our Tasmanian Classic Cookery training is ideal for anyone with little or no prior knowledge or skills looking for employment in an entry-level cook position.
Participants will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to cook in commercial kitchens of cafeterias, kiosks, cafés, pubs, function caterers, and small restaurants.
Scheduled Course Dates
The course curriculum has been designed by Sharon Croxford – dietitian, chef, and award-winning expert in online and blended teaching – and John Hand, a chef experienced in course design and practical teaching methods.
Starting in July, the course will be delivered by a team of experienced industry facilitators with successful graduates completed in time for the upcoming peak season.
The Classic Cookery course is open for enrolment to anyone interested in working as a cook in a commercial kitchen. We hope this allows Tasmanians of all ages to pursue meaningful and outcome-driven learning so that they can enter the industry job-ready.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will have skills enabling them to:
- Apply food safety and hygiene principles in a commercial kitchen
- Plan healthy menus and recipes that meet client needs
- Work safely and efficiently in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare, cook and serve a range of items suitable for sale in commercial cooking environments
Candidates must have previously cooked in a home kitchen, understand basic food terminology and have basic knife skills.
Introductory One Time Offer: $630 including GST per person.
Course fee returns to full price $4,250 including GST in October 2021.
- Kitchen Kit
- Chef Jacket, Hat and Apron
- Modules 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Online: Available by clicking the Enrol Now button next to each course date. The online process will provide three options for payment (invoice, secure credit card or tentative enrolment).
- Email: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, date of birth, phone number and preferred training date
- Telephone: Call Katrina 0497 473 848 to register over the phone.
- Payment of course fees (or deposit) is required to confirm enrolment and to hold a position.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days before the scheduled date will be accepted without penalty. Cancellations less than 10 working days may be subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- VXT reserves the right to cancel the course 10 working days before the scheduled date if insufficient registrations are received. Any fees paid for cancelled courses will be refunded in full.
- Click here for full the full fees and payment policy.